Learn about the available sections of our forest in Point Arena.
There are 3 distinct areas within the forest: 1. Oceanview Meadow 2. Creekside Trail 3. Highland Ridge.
You can see additional details on these areas on the Point Arena page on our website.
- This section has a great view of the ocean! It has a low density of trees and a high elevation. It is less than a 5 minute walk from the visitor center, and therefore the most accessible.
- There are a number of trees in the Oceanview Meadow have a direct ocean view.
Perfect for you if: you love the idea of an ocean view and lots of beautiful light, and want the most accessible area.
- This area is deeper in the forest, with high tree density. This section has more shade and less direct sunlight. Located next to a creek, you will be able to hear the sound of running water during 4-5 months of the year.
- Depending on your tree selection, your walk from the visitor center may range from 5-10 minutes.
- The Creekside Trail has Main Pathways and Hiking Trails.
Perfect for you if: you want to be near the sound of running water, and like the idea of dense trees and the shade.
- This area is high on the ridge with medium tree density, and is full of blue sky and sunshine.
- This area is the furthest area from the visitor's center. Depending on your tree selection your walk may range from 5-25 minutes.
- The Highland Ridge has Hiking Trails with scenic overlooks.
Perfect for you if: you love the idea of being high on a ridge with lots of blue sky, sunshine, and a medium density of trees.