Learn about the available sections of our forest in Point Arena.
There are 3 distinct areas within the forest: 1. Oceanview Meadow 2. Creekside Trail 3. Highland Ridge.
You can see additional details on these areas on the Point Arena page on our website.
- This section has a great view of the ocean! It has a low density of trees and a high elevation. It is less than a 5 minute walk from the visitor center, and therefore the most accessible.
- There are a number of trees in the Oceanview Meadow have a direct ocean view.
Perfect for you if: you love the idea of an ocean view and lots of beautiful light, and want the most accessible area. It is also where our visitor center is located.
Our visitor center in Point Arena.
- This area is deeper in the forest, with high tree density. This section has more shade and less direct sunlight. Located next to a creek, you will be able to hear the sound of running water during 4-5 months of the year.
- Depending on your tree selection, your walk from the visitor center may range from 5-10 minutes.
- The Creekside Trail has Main Pathways and Hiking Trails.
Perfect for you if: you want to be near the sound of running water, and like the idea of dense trees and the shade.
- This area is high on the ridge with medium tree density, and is full of blue sky and sunshine.
- This area is the furthest area from the visitor's center. Depending on your tree selection your walk may range from 5-25 minutes.
- The Highland Ridge has Hiking Trails with scenic overlooks.
Perfect for you if: you love the idea of being high on a ridge with lots of blue sky, sunshine, and a medium density of trees.